Standard Sizing Guidelines for Sheets, Blankets, Comforter Sets, and Throws
Sheets Sizing Guide
What is a Fitted Sheet?
The fitted sheet is an elastic-lined sheet that fits snugly around your mattress. It keeps you comfortable while also keeping your mattress or mattress pad clean.
The fitted sheet has three dimensions – length, width, and pocket depth.
A common complaint is a fitted sheet that slides off of the mattress. The most likely cause of this is a pocket that isn’t deep enough.
With Berkshire Blanket sheet sets, our fitted sheets’ pocket depth is a minimum of up to 13 inches. This means it will fit the majority of mattress types.
What is a Flat Sheet?
The flat sheet is the top layer sheet. It’s placed between you and the comforter or blanket to serve as an extra layer of warmth. It can also be used as a standalone layer in the warmer months.
The flat sheet isn’t necessary. However, it enables you to control your temperature throughout the night easier. Using a flat sheet can prevent you from overheating or getting too chilly.
Sheet Sets’ Size Guide
It’s true that sheet sizes are, for the most part, standardized across the industry.
So, what are these standard sizes?
- TWIN flat sheet 66 x 90 inches, fitted sheet fits mattress 39 x 75 inches, up to 13 inches deep
- TWIN XL flat sheet 66 x 94 inches, fitted sheet fits mattress 39 x 75 inches, up to 13 inches deep
- FULL flat sheet 80 x 90 inches, fitted sheet fits mattress 54 x 75 inches, up to 13 inches deep
- QUEEN flat sheet 90 x 100 inches, fitted sheet fits mattress 60 x 80 inches, up to 15 inches deep
- KING flat sheet 108 x 100 inches, fitted sheet fits mattress 78 x 80 inches, up to 15 inches deep
- CAL KING flat sheet 108 x 100 inches, fitted sheet fits mattress 71 x 83 inches, up to 18 inches deep
The size of your sheet set will often also determine the number of pillowcases or shams that are included.
Twin and Twin XL sets will often come with one standard size (20 x 30 inches) pillowcase. Full and Queen will often come with two standard size (20 x 30 inches) pillowcases. King and California King will often come with two king size (20 x 40 inches) pillowcases.
Blankets Sizing Guide
The size of our blankets and comforter sets varies slightly, though the size options should fit any standard-sized bed that corresponds to its size.
Blanket Size Guide:
- TWIN blankets range from 60 x 90 inches to 64 x 90 inches
- FULL blankets range from 80 x 90 inches to
- FULL / QUEEN blankets are 90 x 90 inches
- QUEEN blankets range from 90 x 90 inches to 94 x 90 inches
- OVERSIZED QUEEN blankets
- KING blankets range from 108 x 90 inches to 110 x 90 inches
- OVERSIZED KING blankets
Comforter Sets Sizing Guide
The Components of a Comforter Set
A comforter set, also known as a bedding set, consists of a comforter or duvet. The set will also come with one or two matching shams.
Comforter Size Guide:
- TWIN comforter sets range from 60 x 90 inches to 64 x 90 inches
- FULL comforter sets range from 80 x 90 inches to
- FULL / QUEEN comforter sets are 90 x 90 inches
- KING comforter sets can be either 106 x 92 inches, 108 x 90 inches, or 110 x 90 inches
The number and size of the shams will depend on the size of the set.
Twin comes with one standard size (26 x 20 inch) sham. Full/Queen comforter sets come with two standard size (26 x 20 inch) shams. King comforter sets come with two king size (36 x 20 inch) shams.
Throws Sizing Guide
Are you looking for a cozy addition to your bed? Or perhaps you’re looking to add some color and style to your living space. Throws are a great option for both!
Throws Size Guide:
- A standard size throw is 50 x 60 inches
- An oversized throw is 60 x 70 inches
Berkshire Blanket has a wide selection of standard sized and oversized throws in various fabrics, colors, and patterns.